Can an SEO Audit Improve Site and Rank Performance?
That's a difficult Search Engine Optimization question and there isn't a one size fits all answer. These indicators might help you decide:
1. Has your website seen an unexplained drop in SEO ranking position?
2. Do you have warnings in Search Console?
3. Did your site recently undergo a migration between hosts?
4. Has new development work impacted your search traffic?
5. Is your site lacking in security or being attacked?
6. Does the site have stale content despite Google recommendations?
7. Are you seeing a reduction in sales conversation rates?
8. Would you just like assurance your site is optimized?
What is an SEO Audit and is it Necessary?
An SEO Audit is a process whereas we go through all of your pages and we inspect more than 225 ranking factors and use these results to make adjustments to your pages that will positively impact your business ranking and overall goals. These also assist our team in identifying major and lesser fixable errors on your website.
If your site performance and SEO ranking is impacted in any way, a website audit conducted by Surfside Web, a leading Myrtle Beach SEO firm, is how you will identify the issues and enhance performance both in conversions and search engine rankings.
How We Perform an SEO Audit of Your Site
Your website's pages are inspected page by page via a set of hands on processes fine tuned through many years of experience. There are few companies who can demonstrate our ability to get under the hood and evaluate what is going on in the background with your site.
Our Standard Processes Follow:
- Big Picture – First step is to get to know your company, the business it does, what your competitors are doing, and to evaluate your concerns and goals.
- Keyword Research – By looking at the keywords you wish to use along with the intent in which you plan to use them, gives us to ability to rule out duplication and to make sure you are targeting the right audience with the maximum volumes, maximizing your visitors and conversion.
- Site Architecture – With evaluation of the technical aspects of your site, we can diagnose problems early that may impede future SEO strategies and search engine changes. Improving crawlability for search engines will helping them understand more about your pages.
- Content Strategy – One of the top keys to good rankings is to have useful content that your visitors wish to see. We ensure you aren't duplicating any pages, page elements, titles, descriptions and that you are meeting the minimum expected requirements as set by the search engines.
- Mobile First Check – With more than 65% of visitors being mobile, it's important to evaluate mobile/responsiveness. Google requires pages to be delivered correctly and quickly.
- Backlink Audit – Using a variety of reporting tools, we create and evaluate your backlink profile. We then advise of any areas of concern including toxic backlinks and known PBNs.
- Security Audit – Is your website secure and delivering through proper encryption? Is everything up to date? Are you blacklisted anywhere? The security element of the audit will highlight any important issues you may not even be aware of.